10:12 AM

More Than Words?

People usually say that actions speak louder than words. Well, I beg to disagree to some extent. Words, being as it is, is sometimes as strong and as powerful as actions.

Now I understand why Chen Sing Yi from the drama "Ming Zong Zhu Ding Wo Ai Ni" felt encouraged everytime after Ji Chuen Si told her two powerful words. (No- it's not I love you; I love you has three words) The two words are Jia Yu.

Everytime Chuen Si said those words to Sing Yi, she would feel more confident. At first, I thought it was ridiculous. How could, by saying only those two words a person will become more confident? Alas, I understand.

Thanks to a friend who wished me "Jia Yu" so that we would both achieve Dean's List and have our pictures taken together during the ceremony, that particular friend had actually encouraged me to work harder for this semester. So everytime I feel like giving up or that I feel lazy to study, I would think of my dear friend's "Jia Yu" and work hard. Thanks to you, my friend, my mid term results is better this time. I owe it to you..

Another example of how powerful words are is when I met with an unfateful incident this week. It was actually one friend (well, another friend) that gave me an advice and his powerful words are "Be happy. Everything is going to be fine". Those words keep me strong and they comfort me.

Words... If you say it at the wrong place at the wrong time, it might be DETRIMENTAL.. For example, if you secretly admire a person (and that person doesn't have any feelings towards you) and you accidentally blurted it out to him or her you might be doomed. Or you might get the girl or guy.. Well, it depends. But you're definitely doomed if you don't like a particular lecturer and had accidentally blurted out that you want to throw your shoe at him.



And yet, sometimes a simple word like "so?", "dunno", "no!" is strong enough to annoy oneself and a simple word such as "sorry" is powerful enough to solve almost everything. (well, almost)

And again, words are ones who can save a girl, a girl who is typing so early in the morning to pour her hearts out. I am very bad at managing my emotions this semester. So, I guess you will be seeing me a lot starting from this sem.. Tata..

0 comments: